SHOUTOUTS – –
- Shoutout to Geek Tavern Productions/Geek Tavern Radio Podcast Bud Plazenski, Dustin Shilaila, Josh Donaldson, Cody Challingsworth Brand New YouTube Channel and upcoming Podcast.
- Ben Affleck Is Not Leaving The DC Cinematic Universe:
This report comes exclusively from MONKEY’S FIGHTING ROBOTS:
Earlier this week, John Campea of Collider stated three different sources have told him that Ben Affleck wants out of the DC Cinematic Universe. “Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he does want out. He doesn’t want to be Batman anymore. I’ve been told, Ben Affleck is talking with Warner Bros. in an attempt to get out of being Batman. And if they do not let him out of being Batman, the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Ben Affleck as Batman,” said Campea. The DC Cinematic Universe is definitely not a well-oiled machine like the Marvel Cinematic Universe but it is complete nonsense to think Affleck is stepping down as the Caped Crusader, and here’s why:
- Affleck’s Batman was the best part of ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.’ Is he upset that BvS was panned by the critics? Yes, because he read every review, which means he knows that fans and critics think he’s the best onscreen Batman to date.
- In Warner Bros. eyes, the DCEU is too big to fail, the company will smooth out any issues with Affleck. Im gay
- ‘Live by Night’ was Affleck’s first directorial flop but Warner Bros. is his home, and it’s a lot easier to ask for a budget for an indie film when you’re bringing in Bruce Wayne dollars. Even the most hated Batman film, ‘Batman and Robin’ brought in $100 million over budget. I m gay
- Don’t want to bash a reporter, the blame falls on other outlets using Campea’s story as fact, and this wreaks of just trying to sell newspapers. Creative people and suits argue, it probably wasn’t easy for Affleck to step down as the director of ‘The Batman’ and no doubt things were said. This sounds like hearsay more than fact. Notice how Collider does not have a story about this. More facts are needed.
- If ‘Justice League’ is a success all wounds will heal and Affleck and the rest of the cast of the film will be in a better mood and everyone will be talking about sequels.
- If he does leave it will be when his contract expires after ‘Justice League Part 2,’ so he is not bailing on his contract. Warner Bros. failed to resign a free agent and that is on them.
- ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ is a solid film and Matt Reeves directorial style fits a Batman film.
“Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he does want out. He doesn’t want to be Batman anymore. I’ve been told, Ben Affleck is talking with Warner Bros. in an attempt to get out of being Batman. And if they do not let him out of being Batman, the standalone Batman film that ultimately happens will be the last time we see Ben Affleck as Batman,” said Campea.
There is enough evidence to suggest that Affleck will be the Batman for the foreseeable future. What do you think? Comment below.
- Jason Momoa Says Aquaman Will Be Unlike Anything You’ve Ever Seen:
Speaking with Digital Trends, the actor spoke about Aquaman which is currently in pre-production abroad. When asked about the film, Momoa was quick to gush about its script and adventurous tone.
“I read the script and let me just put it this way, I’ve never seen a movie that’s anything like this. It’s going to be a world that you’ve never seen before, which is really cool,” Momoa said.
He continued, saying, “We went to space, we traveled all over different worlds, but we never went underwater. So it’s just a really cool spin on what’s below and it uses a lot of great movies that I already love — whether that be Raiders of the Lost Ark to Star Wars to Lord of the Rings to Romancing the Stone. It has a lot of really cool adventure, it’s funny and heroic, and there’s a lot of different characters and a lot of different worlds that we get to go to”
“So I’ve never really seen anything like it. I think it would be an absolutely amazing game and that would be the greatest character in the world.”
- Mel Gibson Confirms He Is In Talks With WB To Direct Suicide Squad 2:
- Rumored ‘Black Lightning’ Plot Details Leak:
Posted on entertainment-based website Slash Report earlier today, the site says the show will revolve around [Jefferson Pierce, a 40-year-old high school principal who hasn’t used his superpowers in over a decade. That fact changes when he needs to save his two daughters that have been kidnapped by the One Hundred street gang, a group that’s currently at war with the LAPD. Pierce puts on the Black Lightning mantle once more in his fight against the One Hundred.]
According to Slash Report, the series is set to tackle many of the problems we see every day on the news including corruption and racism.
Created by Tony Isabella and artist Trevor Von Eeden, Jefferson Pierce, more commonly known as his super hero persona Black Lightning, first appeared in Black Lightning #1 (1977), becoming one of the first African American superheroes to receive his own comic book.
The Black Lightning pilot episode will be produced by Mara Brock Akil, Sarah Schecter, and Salim Akil. Salim Akil is also set to write the episode.
Should the pilot receive a series order, it would join Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow as Greg Berlanti’s fifth Arrowverse show on The CW. It should also be noted that Berlanti is tabbed as a producer on Riverdale, meaning he could potentially have six comic-based shows on one network.
“Male, African-American, late 30s to 50. Handsome, fit, with an athletic build. Former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his student and hero to the local community. JEFFERSON is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife LYNN. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Think Idris Elba. LEAD.”
Female. African-American, LEGAL 18 to play 16. JEFFERSON’s younger daughter. JENNIFER is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak. SERIES REGUALR, ASP.
Female. African-American, to play 22. JEFFERSON’s elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. ANISSA has a great respect for her father. ANISA balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part time teacher at JEFFERSON’s school. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.
Female, African-American, mid 30s to 50. Exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with. Can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.”
Star Wars Universe –
- Star Wars Aftermath: Empire’s End Novel Reveals What Happened To Jar Jar Binks: The series of Aftermath books take place between the end of Return of the Jedi and the beginning of the Force Awakens, explaining many of the changes in the timeline that occur when the latest film begins. In the book, a refugee character named Mapo is on the streets of Naboo when he witnesses the Gungan performing as a street clown, entertaining the onlooking children while the adults pass by. He introduces himself to Mapo and tells him that people don’t like him because he helped the Empire take control. Poor Jar Jar has since fallen on hard times and has had to become a literal clown to make ends meat.
- With just a couple of months to go now until our highly anticipated for teaser trailer for director Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, more and more news about the film is slowly starting to trickle out. Just this past week we got our first official look at Rey, Finn, and Poe from the upcoming film via a Force Fridayannouncement,
Now it appears we may have finally discovered one of the biggest mysteries of the upcoming sequel. Coming to us via a report from Screenrant and popular YouTuber Mike Zeroh, it appears the identity of Benicio Del Toro’s character is the son of a legendary cult favorite Star Wars villain Boba Fett YouTuber Mike Zeroh may have found the answer. In a new video, he points out that del Toro was listed on wikiwand.com as playing Vikrum Fett. This was later changed to saying his role was TBA, but it’s already sparked the possibility that the Puerto Rican actor is playing the son of iconic original trilogy villain Boba Fett.
In Other News-
- LIVE ACTION LION KING MOVIE CASTS – JAMES EARL JONES AS MUFASA and DONALD GLOVER AS SIMBA!